To change the medications a patient is taking, you will need to add the new medication and delete the old one.
If you intend to move a sensor from the old medication to the new medication, take note of the sensor serial number (XX:XX:XX) before getting started. An example of when you might want to do this would be if a patient switched from Advair HFA to Flovent HFA – you would want to move the sensor to the new medication.
Adding a new medication
- Click on the patient’s name from the My Patients list.
- Select the ‘Patient info’ tab.
- Scroll down to the ‘Medications & sensors’ section.
- Click on the grey edit pencil icon in the upper right hand corner of the section.
- In the lower right hand corner, click on “+ Add Medication”.
- Preventer medications will allow you to add a schedule. If the medication is compatible with Propeller sensors, Propeller will give you the option to enter in the sensor serial number. If the serial number you’ve entered is already associated with another medication on the patient’s account, it will ask if you would like to move the sensor to the new medication.
- Click Save when you’re finished.
Deleting the old medication
- Click on the edit button next to the medication you want to delete.
- In the lower left hand corner, click “Delete Medication”.